here. With the utility downloaded I launched the installer.
I'll be going with custom configuration options.
I then ticked all boxes for properties to configure.
Selected that Message Tracking should be enabled.
Selected that Front-End monitoring should be enabled.
I kept the services to be monitored at the defaults.
For availability monitoring, I selected per store.
Next, you are prompted to configure the sending and receiving servers for the mail flow tests, I've only got one back end, but that shouldn't be an issue, as I'll be running the tests at the database level.
I then opened ADUC, and created a MOM Mailboxes OU inside the Service Accounts OU I created earlier, and in there created a new user named MOMMailMonitor.
I entered the details for this account in the next step of the configuration wizard.
After clicking Next again, a summary is presented.
Next one final time and the wizard runs. It completed successfully.
Next, I moved the MOM mailboxes that were created by the wizard from the Users container to the MOM Mailboxes OU I created earlier.
In ESM, I verified each database had it's own MOM Mailbox, and that the mailboxes were being accessed by the MOMMailMonitor account.
Next, also in ESM, I loaded the Exchange Administration Delegation Wizard.
Here, I added the MOMMailMonitor to the Exchange View Only Administrator role.
I then went into Mobile Services and enabled OMA.
Next I opened the boot.ini file on the Exchange 2003 Back-End and added the /3GB /USERVA=3030 configuration parameters.
I opened RegEdit, and modified the HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold DWORD property at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager to 40000 (Hexadecimal).
this technet article for more information). So I disabled Basic Authentication for the Exchange, Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync, OMA, and Public virtual directories on the Back-End Exchange server in IIS, ensuring that integrated authentication was enabled.
Next, I wanted to look at the following 3 alerts that had cropped up after running the Exchange Management Pack configuration wizard.
KB943511. Looks like security update 931212 causes issues with the Exchange Management Pack Monitoring, and a hotfix is available from the KB article. I downloaded and ran the hotfix.
At this stage I was down to a single remaining alert in SCOM.